In the year 2022, Meta collected a whopping 113 billion U.S. dollars from ads. This lucrative market attracts almost every online business. But not every brand has a competent hand on Facebook Ads.
However, successful Facebook ads management for clients calls for a strategic approach and the right tools. We are talking about a range of actions; from leveraging Facebook Business Manager to moving campaigns forward according to best practices, and implementing automation.
In this article, we’ll discuss insights and best practices on how to run Facebook ads for clients and get results.
IMPORTANCE OF RUNNING FACEBOOK ADS FOR CLIENTS
With over 3.03 billion monthly users, Facebook Ads offer a great opportunity for brands and advertisers. While this is a positive note, leveraging Facebook Ads for clients requires extensive reach, precise targeting, cost-effectiveness, and detailed analytics.
When compared to traditional channels, Facebook Ads offer cost-effective advertising while offering a remarkable %9.21 conversion rate (on average).
We are talking about a versatile platform that serves various business goals. Your client might need brand building, lead generation and nurturing, and even conversions. But no matter the objective, it’s on the ads manager to integrate the campaign goals with the right strategy and tools.
BEFORE GETTING STARTED
Before you start running Facebook Ads for clients, here are some factors to consider:
Facebook Ads Checklist
- Facebook Ads Manager to create, run, edit, and track ad performance.
- Pixel for tracking conversions on the client’s website.
- Target Audience based on criteria.
- Custom Audience of people who’ve interacted with the business (if applicable).
- Lookalike Audience who resembles the client’s best customers (if applicable).
- Campaign Strategy to set advertising objectives and outline your target funnel stage to create appropriate ad content.
- Ad Set to define budget, schedule, target audience, and placements.
- Ad Creation to the smallest details: Facebook page, ad creative, and its call-to-action.
- Budget that your client is willing to spend on Facebook ads.
- Business Manager for managing pages and ad accounts.
- Policies and Facebook’s guidelines.
HOW TO RUN FACEBOOK ADS FOR CLIENTS: BEST PRACTICES & TIPS
Now, let’s review the top recommendations for running successful Facebook Ads as an ads manager.
a. Manage Facebook Ads for Clients
Meta Ads Manager allows you to create, modify, and check the performance of all your campaigns, ad sets, and ads. However, your client should set up a Business Manager account, and send you an invite with suitable access levels.
Also, avoid using your personal account for client ads. This is to keep track of the campaign accurately while preventing financial risks on your behalf.
Once you’ve everything ready, follow this step-by-step guide to create and manage your ads.
1: Create an Account
- Set up a Facebook Ads Manager account and get access to your client’s Facebook Business Page to run ads.
2: Access Ads Manager
- Go to Facebook Ads Manager.
- Click “Go to Ads Manager.”
3: Account Setup
- Verify the information on the ad account setup page.
- Next, set up your payment method and save changes.
4: Manage Your Campaign
- Ads Manager becomes your control center for managing campaigns, ad sets, and ads.
5: Create an Ad
- In Ads Manager, navigate to the ad type you want to create.
- Click the green “Create” button.
6: Choose an Objective
- Select your campaign objectives, such as brand awareness, website traffic, or conversions.
7: Define Audiences
- Here, you can configure your target audience using Facebook’s vast targeting options.
- For better targeting, consider adding factors like location, age, interests, and behaviors.
8: Set a Budget
- Selecting a budget is mostly determined by your strategy. You can choose a daily or lifetime budget.
- Specify additional options like schedule, optimization, and delivery type.
9: Create Ad Content
- Choose the ad format based on your objective (e.g., Links or Carousel).
- Then, upload creative assets adhering to Facebook’s design recommendations.
Tip: If your client has agreed to provide ad creatives, request them well in advance to avoid delays.
10: Ad Placement
- Choose where you want your ad to appear—Desktop News Feed, Mobile News Feed, or Desktop Right Column. This also depends on your objective and the funnel stage you are targeting.
11: Monitoring Performance
- You’ll need to keep an eye on key metrics in Ads Manager, such as clicks, impressions, and engagement.
12: Collecting Reports
- Customize and schedule reports to track the effectiveness of your ads over time. Also, share these reports with your client so they can stay in the loop.
b. Boosting Your Campaigns with Facebook Lead Ads
Facebook Lead Ads are the go-to lead generation tool for digital marketing agencies. They are designed to simplify the process of capturing user information directly on Facebook. Lead Ads also offer precise funnel targeting. In other words, get your business’s message across to the most relevant audience based on demographics and behaviors.
To improve your conversion rates, you can build seamless integrations between the lead data collected on Facebook and CRM systems to achieve effective lead nurturing and conversion.
c. Creating Facebook Ads for Clients with Precision Targeting
Facebook Conversion Leads optimization is another powerful tool you need in your kit. This feature lets you channel your ads toward audiences who are most likely to convert.
In addition to laser-sharp targeting, you’ll then can create better engagement and even lower advertising costs. However, this feature is available if you’re already running a Lead Ads campaign and have implemented the Facebook Conversions API.
d. Building Better Audiences with Facebook Custom Audiences
If you want to add a strategic edge to your Facebook marketing, Facebook Custom Audiences is a must-have. This tool uses existing customer data, such as email lists or website visitors, and then helps you create highly specific audiences.
Moreover, Custom Audiences lets you run retargeting campaigns to keep an audience engaged throughout various stages of the marketing funnel. To provide this data to Facebook, you’ll need to first connect your database to Facebook. This is usually done through an automated data bridge.
LEVERAGING AUTOMATION FOR EFFECTIVE FACEBOOK ADS MANAGEMENT
When running Facebook Ads, most ad managers often struggle with time-consuming manual tasks. However, you can use automation to eliminate the hassle of routine CSV imports and exports.
Tools like LeadsBridge help you create seamless data integrations to access crucial marketing data. But that’s not all! Facebook Ads automation is both time efficient and helps improve your performance monitoring and ROIs.
a. Facebook Lead Ads Automation
Automating Facebook Lead Ads is synonymous with saving time and resources. Instead of doing inefficient tasks, Facebook Lead Ads integrations let you focus on more important tasks like creating effective strategies.
LeadsBridge simplifies the data transfer process between Facebook Lead Ads and your favorite marketing apps. And since this data management is done in real-time, you’ll be able to run timely follow-ups and boost conversions.
b. Facebook Conversion Leads Optimization Automation
Automating Facebook Lead Optimization improves the targeting of high-quality leads. LeadsBridge allows you to seamlessly connect your data technology stack with Facebook Conversion Leads. Not only does this automation save time, but it significantly increases the chances of successful lead conversions.
c. Facebook Custom Audiences Automation
Facebook Custom Audiences integrations through LeadsBridge help maintain accuracy in targeted advertising efforts. When you automatically update your lead lists on Facebook, you are also preventing data mismatches while streamlining the entire process. LeadsBridge allows you to create a whole host of integrations between Facebook and your favorite CRM or auto-responder tools.
d. Facebook Conversions API Automation
Facebook Conversions API integrations are crucial for gaining immediate insights into lead data. This means accelerating your lead’s journey through the funnel and getting valuable insights at every step.
As an official Meta Business Partner, LeadsBridge streamlines the connection between your marketing and advertising tools. This integration also enhances the overall effectiveness of your ad campaigns.
We discussed all the aspects of how to run Facebook ads for clients. Meta as a marketing tool comes with numerous advantages. You focus on these benefits and incorporate them into your strategy.
However, the success of your campaign mainly depends on a few sky factors: How good your marketing strategy is and whether you have correctly incorporated the right tools and automated workflows into your marketing ecosystem.
Shahid Shahmiri is a digital marketer who helps online businesses grow with smart marketing tactics to improve sales and leads. He is passionate and driven to grow businesses online and is responsible for analyzing marketing, SEO, growth and managing promotional and media channels.