As a digital marketer or SEO professional, you know the importance of having reliable tools to help you optimize your website and improve your search engine rankings. Two popular options in the industry are Ahrefs and Moz, both of which offer a range of features for tasks such as keyword research, site audit, and backlink analysis. But which one is the best choice for your needs? In this post, we’ll compare Ahrefs and Moz and discuss their pros and cons to help you decide.
Ahrefs is a comprehensive SEO tool that is known for its powerful backlink analysis features. Its backlink database is one of the largest in the industry, and it includes data on over 17 billion unique backlinks. Ahrefs also offers a range of other features, such as keyword research, site audit, and competitor analysis. One of the main benefits of Ahrefs is its ability to provide detailed and accurate data, which can be particularly useful for link building and competitor analysis.
Moz is another well-respected SEO tool that offers a range of features such as keyword research, site audit, and rank tracking. One of the main features of Moz is its Domain Authority (DA) metric, which is a score that predicts how well a website will rank on search engines. Moz also offers a feature called “MozBar,” which is a browser extension that allows you to see the DA of any website you visit. In addition to its core SEO features, Moz also offers tools for local SEO and social media management.
You will also find some answers to these questions:
Why is my DA lower than DR?
Why does the Moz keyword search volume differ from Ahrefs?
Before answering these questions, I’d like to explain a little bit about DA and DR.
DA – Domain Authority is a metric from the Moz SEO tool that gives a score to the websites on a scale of 0-100.
Example: If you have a new website with 0 backlinks then your score will be 0 by default.
DR – Domain Ranking is a metric from the Ahrefs tool and uses the same score on a scale of 0-100.
Other tools like Semrush and Ubersuggest named it Authority Score and Domain Score. All of them are rating your website domain strength and popularity of your domain.
Let’s jump into these link building tools now!
Moz or Moz Pro
Here is some great stuff you can do with the MOZ.
- Work on the health score and improve tech SEO as per the Moz guidelines.
- Check out the competitors’ websites – audit and analyse their performance.
- Analyse the mobile and desktop visibility of your website.
- Keyword research, track and download keyword lists.
- Analyse link building and find link opportunities by researching the competitor’s backlink profile.
- Track rankings and organic visits to your website or competitors’ sites.
- Analyse and improve the complete SEO strategy.
There are also some cons to consider before you decide to signup the tool
- You will get fewer features as compared to other tools like Ahrefs and Semrush.
- Backlinks update is slower than other tools.
- The user interface is difficult for beginners.
- Site crawling limits.
- Difficult reporting functionality.
- Data is not frequently updated.
Now here is the answer to your question: Why is my DA lower than DR?
Ideally, it is because Moz bots take many days to recognise the backlinks as compared to the ahrefs bots and that is the reason you see your DA lower than DR.
The next question is Why Moz keyword search volume differs from Ahrefs?
Search volume always differs from one tool to another. It doesn’t only differ from Ahrefs, even it could differ from Semrush keyword volume and Ubersuggest as well. Search volume should not bother you too much. For example, If the Keyword has 1000 volumes on Moz and 700 on Ahrefs then you need to ensure that you also check another important factor like keyword difficulty level. If the level is low then overall it is a good keyword to focus on.
Moz provides a one-month FREE trial to everyone so that you can enjoy the tool fullest.
Ahrefs is a famous toolset for SEO analysis and you can analyse different aspects of SEO. It has replaced several other tools and has become an important tool for SEO businesses. It gives you ideas for content analysis and link building. You can also export any data to analyse further on your end. You can convert data into graphs and various charts for visual representation.
Ahrefs also lets you do a complete site audit where you can find important and updated information on site traffic, keyword volume and backlink analysis.
Check out some great stuff you can do inside the tool:
- Analyse overall website rank and page authority.
- Analyse backlinks – Both quality and quantity.
- Track acquisition and drop in traffic and organic keywords.
- Analyse the competitors’ pages.
- Check referring domains of your competitors – On Ahrefs they get updated in a day or two.
So, which tool is the best choice for your needs? It’s difficult to say definitively, as both Ahrefs and Moz have their own strengths and may be more or less suitable for different users and purposes. Here are some things to consider when deciding which tool to use:
- Data quality: Both Ahrefs and Moz are known for providing high-quality data, but Ahrefs is generally considered to have a larger and more comprehensive backlink database.
- Cost: Ahrefs is generally more expensive than Moz, with plans starting at $99 per month compared to $99 per year for Moz. However, Moz does offer a free version of its tool, which may be sufficient for basic SEO tasks.
- Ease of use: Both Ahrefs and Moz have user-friendly interfaces, but some users may find one tool easier to use than the other. It’s a good idea to try out both tools and see which one you prefer.
If you want to be accurate and successful with SEO. You have to invest in the right tools that offer the features like organic keywords, tracking, page rankings, backlink analysis and much more. Moz Pro and Ahrefs are both great tools to get your back for SEO analysis and both tools offer a range of features that can be useful for SEO tasks. It’s a good idea to try out both and see which one works best for you. At Marketing Lad, we have experience with SEO tools and if you find Ahrefs or Moz to be overwhelming. Our experts will help you conduct link profile analysis and build contextual backlinks to strengthen your domain rating and overall SEO KPIs.