Marketing channels and trends change with time. While certain trends come and go rapidly, a particular channel that has stayed quite constant is email. In fact, email remains the most popular medium for content marketing across both B2C and B2B marketers. It is used by 87% of B2B marketers and 77% of B2C marketers to nurture their audience.
A marketer should have an email marketing platform in their toolbox because email marketing is still a vital tactic for marketing (and sales) teams in a variety of sectors and company sizes.
Choosing the right email marketing tools and services may make or break your marketing campaign’s success. Email marketing services make the process of email marketing simpler. They enhance and streamline email communication, among other things. They help you identify qualified leads, nurture those leads, and close more deals.
What is an Email Marketing Service?
An Email Marketing Service (EMS) is a platform or tool that allows organizations and individuals to build, distribute, and manage targeted email messages. These services are intended to assist customers in reaching their marketing objectives more successfully by simplifying the process of email marketing.
Email marketing services and tools help to automate all of your email marketing efforts. Depending on the service, they offer a wide variety of functions; however, they frequently contain functionality related to automation, subscription, general email communication, notifications, monitoring, campaigns, interaction with other marketing, sales, and service software, and analytics.
Why Choosing The Best Email Marketing Service is Important?
Email marketing is one of the most economical marketing strategies for small firms. Marketing statistics reveal that US firms experience an average return on investment (ROI) of 4400 percent through email marketing.
This is due to the fact that Email marketing is simple to manage, offers you full oversight, and enables you to communicate directly with your clients.
The email marketing tool and service you use will play a major role in your success with email marketing as it will ensure that your emails get delivered.
If you’re not cautious, you’ll end up paying a lot more money for fewer marketing options and poor email deliverability rates (costing you even more money).
What to Look for in an Email Marketing Service?
- Security: Email addresses are private and sensitive client information that you must safeguard. To secure sensitive data, such as DMARC email authentication standards, your email marketing service provider should have strong security measures in place and follow best practices.
- Ease of Use: Crafting an email and sending it to your audience must be a simple task if you utilize email marketing as a strategy to nurture and convert consumers. Look for capabilities like drag-and-drop and templated processes in your email program.
- Audience Segmentation: The tool you choose must include audience segmentation for a successful email marketing strategy, as personalization is a key component.
- Automation: Email marketing automation includes planned emails, triggered sends, and automated workflows that are useful for both small and big teams. When you select an email marketing solution, keep an eye out for these automatic functions.
- Data Analytics: Data analytics weaved right into your next email marketing tool keeps track of open rates, bounce backs, and CTR.
Let us now analyze a few of the most well-known and best email marketing service companies and their comparative analysis.
1. Constant Contact
Constant Contact is well known for being a light customer relationship management tool that focuses entirely on contact management. It has, however, evolved over time into an email marketing suite including ad management, lead generating, and automation functions. The main distinction between Constant Contact and other email marketing software is that Constant Contact provides significantly more support choices.
- Starting a conversation with your audience is made possible by interactive email campaigns.
- Create attractive email templates in no time.
- Their Email Plus accounts include strong features like email automation, drip marketing, polls and surveys, online donations, coupons, and subject line A/B testing, enabling you to send targeted emails and increase your open rate.
- By using automated messaging, you can earn more money in less time.
- Targeted landing pages can be used to increase sales or generate new prospects.
- Constant Contact provides unmatched customer service via live chat, phone calls, email, community support, and a wide library of useful information.
MailChimp is the best email marketing software overall because it contains the capabilities that most businesses require without being excessively complicated or confusing. This platform is extremely simple to use, making it ideal for beginners. It allows you to construct lists from scratch, import subscribers, tailor your emails, and track them all from the same platform.
- Advanced segmentation is used to target the right audience with each email campaign.
- Marketing efforts that are automated in order to re-engage potential clients or consumers
- MailChimp may be simply integrated with WordPress, Magento, Shopify, and many other systems.
- Mailchimp has a simple drag-and-drop email builder, autoresponders, grouping contacts, and simple email tracking for statistics. It also allows you to configure delivery times based on user time zones and geolocation segmentation.
HubSpot is a well-known piece of software in the customer relationship management (CRM) and email marketing fields. Their email marketing service is free to begin, and it includes a wide range of advanced automation capabilities meant to help your business develop.
- HubSpot provides complete marketing data for all channels in one place, including email campaigns, social media, and Google Analytics.
- Email workflows for task and sales automation
- Content optimization to ensure top SEO strategies and to consistently enhance your Google ranking
- You can create a completely customized newsletter that matches your brand’s personality and colors by using their simple drag-and-drop email builder and a variety of themes.
- You may personalize your emails for each subscriber using HubSpot CRM depending on factors like device kind, country, list membership, or any other special information you may have about the particular subscriber.
Moosend is a powerful marketing automation tool with a minimal learning curve. It includes a number of powerful marketing automation features, email list-building tools, landing pages, and more.
- Moosend is a low-cost platform that allows customers the option of being charged via subscribers or email.
- Phone support is included if you are having difficulty personalizing one of the several templates available.
- Moosend provides complete email analytics, including email opens, clicks, bounces, product views, transactions, custom event tracking, and even displayed demographics data.
- You can generate professional newsletters that look excellent on any device using an easy-to-use drag-and-drop editor, even without HTML experience.
- You can use advanced automation features to create specific campaigns for segments of your audience, or you can create custom workflows such as welcome, engagement, or abandoned cart sequences.
- The A/B Testing feature can be used to find the best element variations for your target audience in order to optimize your email marketing strategy for better results.
Omnisend provides an omni-channel marketing automation solution for eCommerce organizations looking for a robust SMS and email marketing service. With this platform’s pre-built, changeable templates, you are able to quickly create intricate automated workflows.
- One simple platform for driving sales impact through powerful, e-commerce-tailored email and SMS marketing.
- Automates the process of engaging, converting, and reactivating your eCommerce customers using simple email marketing, automation, and numerous channels.
- Use complete contact information to personalize your messages, improve your targeting, and boost conversions.
- Their email builder is really simple to use and comes with a vast variety of customized email templates, allowing you to create beautiful, on-brand campaigns.
Drip is an enterprise email marketing platform that is ideal for eCommerce, bloggers, and digital marketers. They provide a variety of solutions to help with marketing automation, sales funnels, and customization.
- Drip works with major e-commerce systems such as WooCommerce, Shopify, and BigCommerce, allowing you to tailor marketing campaigns to customers based on what they purchase and where they explore on your website.
- Offers e-commerce firms with email and SMS marketing that includes a pre-built automated series geared for generating transactions through abandoned cart reminders, post-purchase campaigns, product discounts, and more.
- Drip offers live chat support, webinars, automation training, extensive courses, free guides, and excellent documentation as help options.
- Their eCommerce revenue attribution feature informs us exactly how much revenue each email marketing campaign generates.
MailerLite is the most user-friendly email marketing software, providing an email solution for almost any type of organization. Automation can be set up to engage B2B prospects, interact with an e-commerce store, offer digital downloads, and even set up a paid email subscription.
- You may develop responsive landing pages that match the emails you send, increasing your chances of conversion.
- MailerLite offers you a detailed campaign report that includes important information such as click rate, unsubscribe rate, open rate, and more.
- Keep your audience engaged by providing targeted and timely email content with segmentation, interest groups, and multi-trigger automation workflows.
- A/B testing is used to examine campaign performance and optimize it.
Brevo is a comprehensive SMS and email marketing tool for companies, formerly known as Sendinblue. They are among the European email marketing platforms with the quickest rate of growth. It’s a very user-friendly platform with great capabilities for making eye-catching and captivating emails.
- Brevo provides tools to enable you to design the most effective SMS and email campaigns.
- Brevo provides an unlimited contact email marketing strategy that is totally free. You can send up to 300 emails a day with their free plan, but every email you send will bear their branding.
- Brevo also provides an independent SMTP bulk email marketing service that can be used to power automated or transactional emails from your WordPress site.
AWeber is one of the world’s oldest and most prominent email marketing service companies. They provide a variety of solutions to help small and medium-sized organizations manage their email marketing. It is simple to get started with AWeber. It connects to the majority of platforms, including WordPress.
- You will have access to ready-to-use HTML email templates, list management, autoresponders, a/b testing, and complete email tracking.
- AWeber also includes advanced email marketing tools including AMP emails, automatic RSS-to-email for blogs, and subscriber segmentation based on tags.
- assistance options include live chat, phone assistance, email support, live webinars, and a wide library of how-tos and tutorials.
10. Active Campaign
Active Campaign is the complete package when it comes to email marketing solutions, delivering services to aid marketing, sales, and service professionals all through one easy site, from its user-friendly interface to its thorough statistics.
Through split A/B testing, the cost-efficient platform enables users to find the most effective campaigns, while marketing automation allows users to “set it and forget it,” streamlining all of your digital marketing efforts.
- A collection of eye-catching pre-designed email templates
- Event monitoring is used to send targeted communications to customers based on certain interactions.
- Sales CRM automation that helps prioritize leads while tracking every interaction
- The service also enables you to share dynamic content in your emails, allowing you to provide different experiences to your contacts based on how they are segmented.
ConvertKit is an email marketing tool designed for professional bloggers, authors, and marketers. It is both simple to use and tremendously powerful.
- It has simple auto-responders that allow you to send drip emails from their emailing service.
- ConvertKit allows you to simply divide your subscribers into those who are interested and those who have already purchased. This allows you to enhance conversions with personalized automated emails.
- ConvertKit provides email-based support and has a large knowledge base with excellent learning materials.
- Many ConvertKit services, such as premium newsletters, are expressly built for creators and professional bloggers.
- The unique feature of ConvertKit is the ability to effortlessly offer content upgrades and incentives using email registration forms.
Sender is one of the top free email marketing solutions on the market, including deliverability features. It is an all-in-one marketing automation platform that provides more than simply email marketing.
- It allows you to make beautiful newsletters without any HTML experience.
- You may customize your newsletters for each recipient to make an even bigger impact.
- In addition to emailing, you can select from a variety of solid and highly responsive popups or embeddable forms, customize them with your brand and offer, and quickly deploy them on your landing pages and website.
Choosing the right email marketing tools and services for campaign success is an important choice. You should customize the most suitable platform for your individual requirements, with capabilities such as user-friendly interfaces, advanced automation, comprehensive analytics, and high deliverability. You should consider scalability, price, and customer support to maintain a consistent experience as your company grows.
To get even more functionality that can affect your email marketing as well as other marketing, sales, and support operations, marketers might consider merging their email marketing solution with a CRM. However, the objectives and specific requirements of the team will determine the ideal email marketing tool for you. Start by reviewing the aforementioned possibilities and the product and pricing pages of the services.
Selecting the proper email marketing tools and services may help you successfully engage your audience, maximize campaign effectiveness, and ultimately enhance the success of your marketing efforts.
Shahid Shahmiri is a digital marketer who helps online businesses grow with smart marketing tactics to improve sales and leads. He is passionate and driven to grow businesses online and is responsible for analyzing marketing, SEO, growth and managing promotional and media channels.