Google Analytics 4 has introduced a set of eight new features aimed at enhancing app campaign measurement and performance. These additional AI-powered insights aim to provide marketers with a comprehensive understanding of user behavior across both web and app platforms, consolidating valuable data into one central location.
This development is significant because having a deeper insight into the target audience enables marketers to optimize campaigns more effectively and create highly engaging content. The ability to better connect with the target audience results in increased conversions and, ultimately, a higher return on investment (ROI).
Google has dedicated the past few months to developing these new tools in GA4, providing marketers with improved audience insights. These eight new features are available for immediate use, empowering marketers to gain valuable data-driven insights for their app campaigns.
- Introducing the New Suggested Audience for Unnotified Users – Brands can now effectively engage with existing app users who haven’t received push notifications yet, which is especially valuable considering that only 37% of customers enable push notifications. This feature presents a promising opportunity to enhance reach and connect with a broader audience.
- Effortless Reuse of App and Web Audiences – With this feature, audiences created in GA4 are seamlessly utilized for app campaigns, ensuring that only relevant app users are targeted, streamlining the campaign process for improved efficiency.
- Google Ads Integration with GA4 Audience Builder – Shortly, you’ll be able to build audiences directly in GA4, simplifying campaign setup and management, and providing a more seamless user experience.
- Performance Uplift through Automated Optimization – The tool automatically optimizes App campaign performance, facilitating a smoother and more effective campaign execution. To get started, activate Google signals in your linked GA4 property.
- Enhanced Web-to-App Conversion Measurement – Google’s privacy-safe URL parameter empowers better iOS app conversion measurement for web campaigns, allowing deep linking users into the app while ensuring privacy and data protection.
- Improved In-App Event Measurement and Optimization – The integration with SKAdNetwork enables the configuration of SKAdNetwork conversion value schema, enhancing in-app event measurement and optimization for better results.
- On-Device Conversion Measurement – GA4 now provides additional support for various consented user sign-ins, like phone numbers. This solution ensures user data remains on the device and is never disclosed to external parties, including Google, ensuring user privacy.
- Beta Feature: Geo-Based Conversion Lift Measurement – This beta tool enables marketers to conduct controlled experiments to gain a precise understanding of the causal, incremental effects of their iOS App campaigns based on geographical factors.
In a recent blog post, Google unveiled the latest updates for GA4, highlighting the robust audience management tools that allow app marketers to reach and retain their most valuable users. The platform now offers a range of new audience features to enhance targeting capabilities.
Google Analytics 4 has proven to be particularly effective for businesses, especially on iOS. For instance, Revolut, a prominent UK-based banking technology company, leveraged GA4 to scale its iOS campaigns in key markets. The result was a remarkable 12.5% increase in additional first-opens and an impressive 11.2% decrease in cost per install (CPI).
These updates represent only a few of the many new features available to app marketers who utilize Google Analytics 4. A comprehensive suite of App campaign measurement and performance tools can be accessed through GA4, empowering marketers to drive business growth and achieve their goals.
For further details on the latest features, readers can delve deeper into Google’s complete announcement.