Going digital is critical for any firm, especially as marketing shifts from traditional to digital. But is having a website sufficient?
No, it does not.
It is crucial to have a well-structured website, but it is much more important for your website to be visible to Google and other search engines. The most crucial factor for any website to rank better in search engine results pages (SERPs) is search engine optimization.
- But how can we boost our search engine exposure to search engines?
- What is the significance of search engine visibility?
The popularity of mobile devices has grown over the previous decade. A mobile phone is used by 92.1% of internet users to access the internet. With the advancement of mobile phone functionality, this number is growing with time. These statistics should be kept in mind by website and marketing specialists in order to establish a strong online brand presence.
What is SERP Tracking Software?
SERP tracking software provides information on the appearance of the search results page for a particular search query.
Many technologies go beyond this basic offering to show you where your website ranks on search engine results pages (SERPs). These are sometimes referred to as “rank trackers“ and they are a popular SEO tool.
Others will provide you with historical SERP data, such as which pages rank, the phrase’s search volume, the keyword’s CPC, and which highlighted snippets appear.
Some newer technologies examine SERPs holistically, noting not just which pages rank for the given term, but also what content is featured on those pages. For example, HubSpot may rank for the phrase “best SEO tools,” but what sites do they link to in their post? SEOs, growth marketers, product marketers, and digital PR experts are increasingly using “surround sound” solutions or SERP visibility tools to assess and increase brand and product awareness.
Of course, other systems just provide raw access to SERP data and allow you to do anything you want with it.
This list will include a variety of the aforementioned SERP software kinds. I’ll describe what each piece of software is, what it does, why I enjoy it, and how much it costs.
Why should you care about winning a Google SERP Feature?
Winning a Google SERP feature is essential since it allows you to take up more space on the SERPs. Consider this: why do most people click on the first few SERP results?
It’s because consumers want a solution right away, without having to browse through an infinite sea of pages or even past their first viewport. Answers to questions before the fold are more popular (in part) because of this. Using additional SERP characteristics also makes it easy to direct visitors to the desired location on your website.
Furthermore, it extends beyond simply ranking your website on Google.
A highlighted snippet might be a video from your YouTube channel. Even if a searcher does not visit your website, they are still viewing your material.
This shows Google that your content is worth advertising while increasing brand recognition.
Top 5 Strategies for Improving Your SERP Visibility
1. Build Relevant Content
Creating high-quality and relevant content can help your website rank better in Google SERPs. You may utilize targeted KWs while writing content. Targeted keywords are the essential keywords on which we focus while developing content.
Google favors original material. If you have duplicate material on your website, Google may flag it as possible plagiarism and may remove the piece.
Creating original material is also essential for increasing on-page session time. Google considers how long a visitor stays on your website before leaving. In order to develop content for your website, you should do the following steps:
- Conduct research to determine what the most relevant search queries are in your specialty or sector.
- This stage also entails conducting extensive competitive research to better understand the competition.
- Writing a blog article about a topic that can give answers and value to the audience or industry.
- Video and picture additions to make the information more visually engaging. Custom pictures, such as infographics and data charts, aid in image ranking and serve as useful content elements.
- Have a robust FAQ section on your blog with pertinent inquiries. This increases the likelihood of your content appearing in the “People also ask” section.
- Links to your blog article, both internal and external.
2. Use Relevant Keywords
Proper keyword research is a critical component of organic ranking. The first step is to identify relevant keywords for your website’s content. If your website focuses on the “beauty industry,” it is critical to include “beauty” related KWs. This will increase the visibility of your material among the selected niche audience.
Checking the keyword difficulty (KD), traffic potential, and worldwide volume is critical during keyword research.
The keyword difficulty scale ranges from 0 to 100, indicating how likely your keyword is to rank positively. The greater a KW’s KD, the more difficult it is to rank among competitors.
3. Make it mobile-friendly
According to the research, mobile devices have accounted for more than 63% of all organic searches, with Google alone accounting for more than 93.68% of mobile search share. These statistics show that consumers spend more time searching on mobile devices than on desktop computers.
Google has also released algorithm improvements aimed at producing more mobile-friendly content. They have prioritized converting websites to a responsive design in preparation for mobile-first indexing. You may make your website mobile-friendly by using one of three different design styles:
- Responsive design refers to the capacity of websites to adjust to various shifting screen sizes while still offering a smooth user experience.
- Dynamic serving: a website in which data is kept that varies depending on the viewer, device, location, native language, and other characteristics.
- Make a new mobile website version.
Thus, optimizing your website for mobile devices is critical for increasing a website’s search engine presence.
4. Emphasis on Local SEO visibility
It is critical for a startup or even an existing firm to have a local web presence. Local SEO is the technique of optimizing a website to rank in local search results so that it appears in locations near you. The correct local SEO approach will help your firm stand out even against difficult rivals.
5. Easy Website Crawlability & Indexing
Consider a website that is not visible to search engines. What position will it have in organic search results? This might happen if Google does not crawl and index your website. Crawlability refers to crawlers’ or search engine bots’ ability to scan your website via links and evaluate information.
After crawling a website, the following step is to index web pages. Web pages that have not been indexed do not appear in SERP results. You must maintain your material updated with relevant keywords in order for crawlers to better grasp your website content.
Best Practices for Mobile-Friendly SEO and Website Optimization
1. Target Voice Friendly Keywords
Due to the limited keyboard and microphone accessibility, most phone users are too indolent to type. People are not weary of utilizing words when chatting, thus constantly including long-tail keywords in your content.
Keyword lists that are optimized for voice searches are critical for mobile SEO. Voice-enabled devices are often used by 65% of users aged 25 to 49. People that use voice assistants at home, such as Google Dot, Apple Siri, or Amazon Alexa, are most likely a convertible audience. Voice assistants can also answer questions in speech.
To locate the most relevant terms, utilize tools like Google Keyword Planner and Google Trends. There are several free sources and premium SaaS-based solutions available on the web for this purpose.
2. Modify Title Tags & Meta Descriptions for Mobile SERPs
Optimize your meta title, tags and descriptions to increase your click-through rate. Mobile SERP employs the smallest version of the title tag, and they must be very precise because smartphone users are always on the go.
For mobile searches, limit your Meta title between 50 and 60 characters. 99.9% of titles with more than 70 characters are shortened or rewritten by Google. Always keep your title tags within the specified limit to avoid any changes to your CTA (call to action). The standard meta description length is 157 characters, but this is not the case for mobile SEO. Keep your Meta description to a maximum of 120 characters.
3. Track your Keyword Rankings on Mobile
Analytical data may help you win any niche. Tracking ranking is essential for mobile SEO; keep a watch on the ranking of keywords on mobile. Because the mobile SERP has a lot more competition.
Google Search Console is an essential tool for all SEO marketers that want to succeed in the mobile and desktop-based internet markets.
It is the greatest tool ever, with a plethora of features and functions that allow you to assess the current performance of your website across various devices and platforms.
4. Compare Desktop Vs Mobile Site Performance
Google Analytics may assist in comparing site rankings between desktop and mobile. You will be able to discover what adjustments are necessary to significantly improve the site. Analytics is a streamlined version of Google Search Console. Intelligent AIs acquire, compile and represent data in a distributed fashion.
5. Review your Competitor’s Mobile SEO Performance
It is critical to understand the competitor’s success, as well as the manner they have developed their website and worked on it. Examine what your rivals are doing and how they are succeeding.
The most crucial thing for any online company is that customers find your website when they search for relevant keywords. Google ranks websites based on more than 200 ranking variables. Search engine visibility is more crucial than ever before since it raises the likelihood of your website appearing at the top of search engine rankings.
Finally, you should know that mobile has become the foundation of the internet industry. Humans are increasingly using mobile phones as a cost-effective and portable choice. Websites with flexible interfaces are dominating the internet market in all geographical locations, whether developed, developing, or rural. Websites especially profit for e-commerce companies since people looking on Google for any goods instantly leap to the websites and try to purchase from there instead of installing an app.
Tracking your SERP rankings on mobile is another significant component in assisting your website to rank better. ML Rank Tracker may assist your company in establishing a strong internet presence by using the appropriate keywords and tracking your website rankings.
Connect with us today to ensure the success of your company tomorrow!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why is tracking mobile SERP rankings important for businesses
Tracking mobile SERP (Search Engine Results Page) rankings is important for businesses due to the following reasons:
- Mobile-centric user behavior: With the increasing use of smartphones and mobile devices, more users are accessing the internet and conducting searches on mobile platforms.
- Mobile-first indexing: Search engines, including Google, have shifted to a mobile-first indexing approach, where the mobile version of a website is prioritized for ranking and indexing.
- Competitor analysis: Tracking mobile SERP rankings allows businesses to keep an eye on their competitors and evaluate their performance in mobile search. By analyzing competitor rankings and strategies, businesses can identify opportunities to improve their own mobile SEO tactics and gain a competitive advantage.
- Optimization opportunities: By understanding which keywords have high search volumes and are ranking well in mobile search results, businesses can optimize their website and content to increase visibility and attract more targeted mobile traffic.
- Mobile advertising campaigns: For businesses running mobile advertising campaigns, tracking mobile SERP rankings is crucial for evaluating the effectiveness of their ads. By monitoring rankings and analyzing the impact on ad visibility, businesses can optimize their ad campaigns to achieve better results and maximize their return on investment.
2. How can tracking mobile SERP rankings help improve mobile visibility?
Tracking mobile SERP rankings provides valuable insights that enable businesses to optimize their mobile SEO strategy, target relevant mobile keywords, stay competitive, enhance the user experience, and improve mobile visibility in search results. These efforts contribute to attracting more mobile traffic, engaging mobile users, and ultimately driving business growth.
3. What tools or software can be used to track mobile SERP rankings effectively?
Several tools and software can be used to track mobile SERP (Search Engine Results Page) rankings effectively. Here are some popular options:
- SEMrush: SEMrush offers comprehensive SEO tools, including a rank tracking feature that allows users to track mobile SERP rankings for specific keywords. It provides data on search volume, keyword difficulty, and competitors’ rankings.
- Ahrefs: Ahrefs is a widely used SEO toolset that offers a rank tracker feature. It enables users to track their mobile SERP rankings, monitor keyword positions, and analyze competitors’ performance.
- Moz: Moz provides an array of SEO tools, including a rank tracker that allows tracking mobile SERP rankings. It provides detailed insights into keyword performance, search visibility, and competitor rankings.
- Google Search Console: While not a dedicated rank-tracking tool, Google Search Console provides valuable data on how a website performs in Google’s search results. It offers insights into keyword rankings, click-through rates, and mobile usability.
- ML Rank Tracker: By utilizing the ideal keywords and watching your website rank, ML Rank Tracker may help your organization develop a strong internet presence.
4. How often should mobile SERP rankings be monitored and analyzed?
The frequency of monitoring and analyzing mobile SERP (Search Engine Results Page) rankings can vary depending on several factors, including the nature of your business, the level of competition, and the importance of mobile search visibility to your overall strategy.
The goal is to track mobile SERP rankings frequently enough to stay informed about changes and trends, but not excessively, where it becomes burdensome or impractical. Adjust the monitoring frequency based on the importance of mobile search visibility to your business and the resources available to you. Additionally, consider using automated rank-tracking tools that provide regular updates and reports to streamline the process.
5. Can tracking mobile SERP rankings help identify keyword and content optimization opportunities?
Yes, tracking mobile SERP (Search Engine Results Page) rankings can indeed help identify keyword and content optimization opportunities. Tracking mobile SERP rankings allows you to analyze keyword performance, identify underperforming keywords, discover content gaps, explore long-tail keyword opportunities, and align your content strategy with user intent.
This information provides valuable insights for keyword and content optimization, helping you improve your mobile search visibility and attract targeted organic traffic.